czwartek, 21 kwietnia 2016

Mermaid in a jar

 “She loved the sea. She liked the sharp salty smell of the air, and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azure sky above. It made her feel small, but free as well.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords


Happy spring Everyone !!Today  I would like to show you a new project for Cretive Embellishments. I'ts altered jar with awesome steampunk mermaid inside. I like to altered some old bottles or  jars, and transform them into something different and magical. I love fantasy creatures and I just had vision in my head to create underwater world in a jar. This is the reason why I love love love Creative Embellishments chipboards they have a huge selection of fantasy magical chippies like : unicorns, mermaids or dragons. Ok here we go !






First I layer coat of clear gesso on my jar , while the gesso is still wet I start layering some gazue. In some places I add some  crackle clear paste and white crackle paste.I altered gears and rings with black gesso . When it dry I glued all metal keys ,cogs , cabochons and seaweed on the jar .I also add some real shells , microbeads and texture sand paste .I left  the jar to dry overnight ,because I used lots of gesso and glue.







To create inside of the jar I used reindeer moss for a background , then I placed some sheels and small old bottle .I painted this beautiful steampunk mermaid with black gesso and some mettalic colors .I also covered seaweed with white gesso and painted with green tones .




On the top of the jar I glued steampunk clock and metal flower. I painted them with acrylic paints an mettalic paints .
In the last step I add some sea colors. I started with the greens and then I used some blue tones. Misting all around the jar.


more close up;







Mermaid with friends :D




I used;
Dylusions ink- calypso teal
13 Arts mists: pearl olive green, green, chalk blue light
Ayeeda paint; mettalic blue ;mettalic green , mettalic old gold ,matte olive
13 arts: microbeads , gesso white , gel medium
DecoArt: crackle glaze, texture sand paste
Deco Art acrylics : cobalt turquise, patina cream , metallics rich espresso
Finnabair's mica; frozen lake, blue, summer sky ,gold opal magic,bottle green
Distress spray stain peeled paint 

I'd like to enter this altered jar into following challenges:

13 arts - Home Decor



Altered eclectics- april challenge

Stamps & Stencils- Trash to treasure- I altered my old jar as a gift for my lovley nephew..


I hope I have inspired you all to create something different and out othe ordinary.
I wish you all a very happy and creative day.Thank you so so much for all lovley comments . XOXO Aisha 



8 komentarzy:

  1. I have always been drawn to the sea,so I adore anything related to it...Your project is just so gorgeous...Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Such a cute project, thank you very much for joining our challenge, regards!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Wow! Very interesting project!
    Thank you for taking part in the fun with 13arts :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. I love this project, it makes me wish I was at the beach. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Fantastic project! I love the deep sea theme with those gorgeous colours, mermaid and shells. It's really beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Stamps and Stencils . Toni x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Ten komentarz został usunięty przez autora.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Absolutely beautiful project! Love it to bits!
    Thank you for sharing this with us over at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Great idea to alter a jar like this and what beautiful result! Thanks a bunch for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils! Hugs, Autumn

    OdpowiedzUsuń